Improvements you’ll find in the Remora Developer pages:
- No more waiting for mirrors to sync to download your add-on – we aren’t storing the files on mirrors anymore
- Upload multiple files at the same time (for different platforms)
- Localize all aspects of your add-on, versions, and previews (note that the Developer interface itself is not yet localized)
- An actual Dictionary add-on type
- Support for End User License Agreements (that users have to accept) and Privacy Policies
- Better support for preview images and thumbnails (transparent PNGs are now allowed)
- Ability to allow viewing of your add-on’s source code from the web
- Sandbox review system
The following features will likely not be available at the launch of Remora, but should be supported within a few weeks:
- Upload an add-on file from a remote site (will allow larger file sizes)
- Use limited HTML in descriptions and notes
- Specification of a source code license
- Many more enhancements and new features
We are still very interested in your feedback on this beta version – both public and developer sides. If you find a bug or just want to make a general comment, please post it here or on the wiki feedback page, and we will follow-up. We are working hard to implement your suggestions and launch Remora very soon.
We look forward to hearing what you think!