This is a regular post focusing on the status of the Firefox Marketplace.
Some specific changes of note:
- Start of moving the API from Django Tastypie over to Django Rest Framework (875540)
- API added for newsletter signup (874958)
- Regions added to app detail API (873198)
- Use the new SIM API to determine the location (867793)
- Signing in after logging out fixed (869664)
- Marketplace offline experience much improved (875734)
- Nicer review form for an app (872840)
- Google analytics added to Marketplace actions (874076)
- Feature profile detection added to the validator (862454)
- The Marketplace now supports OpenSearch (872954)
- App installation on Linux fixed (876293)
- Android packaged apps added to the search (878918)
We also do a weekly “show and tell” of things that people have done in the Apps group every week. This is a summary of some of the things that have been shown there.
- Touch events are now possible in the simulator. Myk demonstrated that click and drag with a mouse is now the same as touch events on the device. Available in the preview version.
- The simulator “push to device” now works on 64 bit linux because adb has successfully been compiled for that platform.
- App refresh will automatically detect changes in apps installed into the simulator from the Marketplace. Also
command-shift-rrefreshes but also clears the application cache.
- Chris showed off the pending review queue addition to the Marketplace. This allows app developers to see how long they have to wait in the review queue.
- Amy reported that the review team has onboard five new volunteer reviewers for the Marketplace.
- The Marketplace region is now set from the SIM card.
We were also joined on the Marketplace team by Mathieu Pillard. Welcome to the Marketplace team, Mathieu.
Fred wrote on :