An update to Firefox for Windows, Mac and Linux is ready for download and testing. Firefox includes a new feature for private browsing, a new experience for downloads, and a handful of exciting developer features.
- Per Window Private Browsing Mode: Firefox makes it possible for you to view a Web page in private browsing mode and regular browsing mode simultaneously, in two separate Firefox windows. You can easily open a link in a new Private Browsing Window, just right click on any link and choose “Open Link in a New Private Window.”
- Updated Firefox Download Manager: Firefox makes downloading content from the Web even easier. You can view and monitor download progress right in the Firefox toolbar rather than a separate window.
- Plug-in warning: When a plug-in hangs for more than 11 seconds, Firefox will notify you so you can restart the plugin rather than restarting Firefox, allowing you to keep browsing the Web, uninterrupted.
- Developer Toolbox: Firefox Beta now includes the developer toolbox, providing quick access to popular developers tools such as the Web Console, Debugger, Inspector and Style Editor in one handy window.
- Canvas Blend Modes: Canvas Blend Modes allows developers to define how they want canvas to draw an image over an existing image, for example by changing pixel color values to create different visual effects.
For more information:
- Get Firefox Beta for Windows, Mac and Linux
- Release notes for Firefox Beta on Windows, Mac and Linux