What’s going on this week in Firefox for Android Support
[Michael has an awesome post every week about what’s happening overall in SUMO for desktop, Android and Firefox OS. Check out the July 29, 2013 edition of what’s happening in SUMO].
Current release is Firefox 22 for Android: Again this week, there are no major Firefox 22 for Android issues, thanks to everybody for making this release smooth and it’s great to see overall crashing and issues decreasing.
- Documentation is 99% finished (one article left to do for long tapping on the reader mode icon to add it directly to the reading list). Thanks to swarnava for helping with the last minute articles! Much appreciated!
- It’s time to research articles for Firefox 24 for Android (add your thoughts to the Firefox 24 research thread please!). Thanks to Karen and Erin the Firefox for Android roadmap is accurate! Please use it for research: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Roadmap#Firefox_24:_Embracing_the_Ecosystem_.28Aurora.29
- Here’s a simple algorithm for Firefox for Android research:
repeat forever (subscribe to the wiki pages and to the bugs linked to a particular feature on the roadmap for the next release (currently FF24) and then you will see the changes that we need to document in SUMO).
- The big feature in 24 is our upcoming Android permission bump to enable some cool features: web RTC, geolocation services, NFC bump and perhaps more. (why perhaps? because Firefox is on a 6 week release cycle which we call a “train” and sometimes we move features from one train to another e.g. from the FF24 train to the FF25 train). Good news this week is that we are have one less permission change to document in FF24 (the wallpaper permission is being changed to an intent which means no need to request permission for it in FF24)
Or help us with existing articles
- Easy edit list (and some harder ones too) https://etherpad.mozilla.org/ff-android-kb-changes
- Roland on vacation August 1-2, 12-14; Roland working on Eastern Time July 24 – August 9