January was an awesome month surrounded around the topic of Privacy. We had lots of activities and conversations surrounding the topic. Thank you Ambassadors for being part of the experience. But don’t worry, we’re only just getting started this year! There are lots of new initiatives being planned for this program and for you. Stick around, it’s going to get even awesomer.
Featured Activities This Month
- Firefox OS AppDay @ GCEK
- More Than a Browser @ MITAOE
- MozTour @ AIE Gapan
- Maker Party @ DAVIET
- Firefox OS Workshop @ Aptech DHA
- Mozillians of Law Inauguration @ JSSLC
Have you tried Hello?
Hello is the easiest way to connect for free over video, with anyone.
Firefox Student Ambassador is hosting a Say Hello Challenge this month…but shhhh, we aren’t saying what it is yet until later this week! For now, head over here to figure out how to use Hello. Invite a friend to try out the feature with you. Hints for the challenge:
- You’ll need to know how Hello works.
- Start thinking of ways to demo Hello on your campus.
Learn about QA this February Office Hour!
The QA Team created One and Done as a platform to give users a variety of ways to contribute to Mozilla through manual testing, automation, bug verification, mobile testing and more. There are easy tasks…and bigger challenges.
We invited Rebecca Billings, WebQA Engineer, to join us in telling Ambassadors more about One and Done and how Firefox Student Ambassadors can get started on it! Following the talk, we’ll answer your program questions.
Develop in the App of the Month Contest!
- FSA Kit: a must-have app for every Ambassador and aspiring Club Lead! Download and try it out for yourself.
This month we asked Ambassadors what they wanted to see as February theme…and they came up with:
- February Theme: Technical Event Info App. Create an app that features, shows, lists, or allows signups to Technical Events around the world or in your community.
Deadline is February 25th! Winner will receive a Very Splendid Swag Pack. More info on wiki.
Time to get Smart on Privacy.
Ambassadors, you all did a wonderful job this month spearheading the conversation on privacy. To keep it going, there’s now a brand NEW Smart on Privacy page with tools & insights on developing your personal privacy practices. Check it out!
Want to teach other Ambassadors?
As a FSA, we’re all about collaboration and being there to lend a helping hand. Part of this comes from spreading our knowledge so that other students can learn and spread that knowledge across the world.
We’re encouraging all Ambassadors, new and existing, to create Teaching Kits on events you’ve hosted, activities that worked, and anything you think may help another students out. Examples below:
- Personal Contribution Diary: Learn how to keep track of all your contributions as a Firefox Student Ambassador. Made by Deepak Upendra.
- Kidzilla: Kidzilla is an event aimed at education children about the basics of Computers, internet and other tech topics in a fun and interactive manner. Made by Sathyabama Firefox Club.
A section on our wiki will be created to share these teaching kits. E-mail firefoxstudents[at]mozilla[dot]com with subject “Teaching Kit: –insert your title-” to submit.