What’s up with SUMO – Feb. 14

This video is 1280×720 so right-click it and choose Full Screen to get a better view.

The big things this week:

  • SUMO 2.5 going out tomorrow. It includes a new look for the support forum which you can see right now on support.allizom.org. Also if you go there with a mobile browser you can see some of the in-progress work on mobile layouts.
  • There are some Live Chat and Knowledge Base metrics that still need to be figured out. We’ll be working on them this week but they probably won’t show up in the metrics report for two weeks.
  • Work continues on updating articles for Firefox 4. All the work happening in the Articles Forum is appreciated.
  • Michael will post a demo of a new screencast in the Contributors Forum later today.
  • Matthew and David will go over the Live Chat web client PRD this week to see if it needs to be updated.

Minutes of the latest weekly meeting

Sumo Development

  • 2.5 going out tomorrow.
  • 2.6 work underway. Hit https://support.allizom.org with a mobile device.
  • Suggestions … and other subjects too (from Vito):
  • I would welcome a RSS feed for a set of few selected events, like:
    1. change in the finished articles list
    2. change in the l10n site material
    3. advance reminder (for instance 2 days) for a meeting
    • There may be more, but for me this would do. If I could get this pushed, I dont need to pull anymore – which I all too often forget. regards Vito.
  • What about localization of the start page?
    • We are going to create a new article for the start page
    • James to let Michael/Kadir know about the name of the article, so localizer can localize right away.
    • Release of 2.6 on March 8

Roundtable

Metrics

  • http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=piA-a-dXCL2p7vB5pTu0HKA&hl=en
  • It looks like traffic decreased over the last week, we don’t know why.
    • We are going to wait another week to see if that was just because of the downtime we had during our move to the datacenter in Phoenix.
  • Cheng/Michel to figure out with the metrics team how to handle the poll data from our KB articles.

Knowledge Base

  • Michael is continuing with Fx 4 updates:
  • Michael will continue work on screencasts this week. He’ll post a demo with some explanation of how it will work in an article later today.
  • Work is continuing on small screen layouts for SUMO. Michael has been working with Jason Grlicky on these.
  • Requests from Vito:
    1. a locale metric as in old times (“top article X% localized” with the green bar) would be welcome – I know it is planned, sorry for pushing
      • That functionality is already there with percentages, it’s just not green yet.
      • Kadir to file a bug to have color back.
    2. I would not mind to see how many locales, at what level, are involved.It is one of the stronger/strongest motivators at hand.
      • Yes, a bug needs to be filed for this.
    3. think about localized screenshots. – a list of not-yet-localized/not-yet-OS adjusted screenshots would be welcome.
      • Kadir to start a discussion about that in the forums.

Live Chat

  • Matthew to go through the PRD for the web based live chat client with David to see if it is still up to date.