Hello, SUMO Nation!
Have you had a good week so far? We hope you have! Here are a few pertinent updates from the world of SUMO for your reading pleasure.
Welcome, new contributors!
Most recent SUMO Community meeting
Reminder: the next SUMO Community meeting…
- …is going to take place on Monday, 30th of November. Join us!
- If you want to add a discussion topic to upcoming the live meeting agenda:
- Start a thread in the Community Forums, so that everyone in the community can see what will be discussed and voice their opinion here before Monday (this will make it easier to have an efficient meeting).
- Please do so as soon as you can before the meeting, so that people have time to read, think, and reply (and also add it to the agenda).
- You can see the current state of the backlog our developers are working on here.
- The next Platform meeting will take place on the 3rd of December.
- Interested in learning how Kitsune (the engine behind SUMO) works? Read more about it here!
- Some of the people we invited to join us in Orlando won’t be able to make it due to failed visa applications :-( We will work with the Participation team on addressing this issue for future events.
- We are preparing a regular, ongoing, easy-to-fill-out Contributor Satisfaction Survey.
- We have met with the Ivory Coast community and are happy to report that the local thriving community of Mozillians will host a series of presentations on Mozilla (and SUMO) next week! More details as we get them.
- Are you interested in creating more Canned Replies for our Army of Awesome? Click here!
- All our US colleagues have been busy with Thanksgiving, so their response times may vary.
- We passed over 600 followers on our Twitter account – woohoo!
- Final reminder: Have you ever contributed any imagery or designs to SUMO? (this does not include screenshots for articles) Let us know!
- Final reminder: Get fired up about Firefox OS at the Firefox OS Participation Hub – your launchpad to participate in the Firefox OS project!
- Ongoing reminder: if you think you can benefit from getting a second-hand device to help you with contributing to SUMO, you know where to find us.
- Huge thanks to the Bangladesh SUMO community for localizing all the Firefox for iOS articles! You rock!
- We are on the verge of migrating all of the SUMO content from Verbatim to Pontoon. It’s happening next week! More details as we get them.
- Milestone-related announcements are coming to a Localization Dashboard near you – soon!
- Final reminder: read all about Firefox for iOS updates and action items.
- for Android
- for Desktop
- GTK+3 is required for Firefox on Linux as of Beta 43 (the full release comes on the 15th of December).
- for iOS
- Version 1.2 is out – please go ahead and test it on your devices!
- Version 2.0 is going to happen in 2016 (we just don’t know when exactly… yet), and should add synchronization from iOS to Desktop and/or Android.
- Firefox OS
- Peace and quiet makes for the start of a good weekend!