July 22nd, 2010
MozillaBuild 1.5 has been released:
The major highlights include:
- A newer Mercurial (1.5.4)
- Support for Visual C++ 2010
- A newer Python (2.6.5)
As usual, bugs can be filed at bugzilla.mozilla.org.
July 24th, 2009
MozillaBuild 1.4 is now available for download. This release focused primarily on compatibility with systems running the x64 edition of Windows. It also contains a few other niceties such as a newer version of Mercurial and other tools, and support for all known Microsoft SDKs. You can view the full list of changes from version 1.3 here.
June 16th, 2008
I’ve just released MozillaBuild 1.3, which you can download at your leisure. Major changes from 1.2 include:
- Includes Mercurial—so now you should be able to build mozilla-central out of the box
- Added support for using both the Windows Vista SDK and an older Platform SDK at the same time, if you’re using Visual C++ 2005 Express and playing Microsoft header bingo. See the build prerequisites page for more information.
- Added manifests to some exe files for better Vista compatibility
- Startup scripts no longer use the rxvt terminal. I realize that some people may not like this, but we’ve had plenty of complaints about rxvt’s suckiness as a terminal, so I don’t think it’s really any worse. The real impetus here was that trying to use Mercurial to connect to a repository over ssh was essentially broken for the first-run case, when you have to accept the server’s key, which wasn’t acceptable to me. As a plus, if you create a shortcut to whichever start-msvc batch file you’re using, you can use the properties dialog to customize its appearance as you would any other command shell in Windows. I may investigate a better replacement console for a future release.
As usual, if you have any issues, you can file a bug in the MozillaBuild component.
December 21st, 2007
- Support for Visual C++ 2008
- Support for the Vista Platform SDK
- A non-ancient version of ssh
- A l10n start script that doesn’t require a compiler or SDK
- A fix for that annoying ClearType bug that drew lines next to every character you typed
- Included a Unicode version of NSIS
You can see some of the details in the tracking bug. We also finally created a MozillaBuild component in bugzilla, so you can file bugs in mozilla.org : MozillaBuild if you have problems or requests. Big thanks to everyone who contributed code and testing to make this release possible!