I post these updates every 3 weeks to inform add-on developers about the status of the review queues, add-on compatibility, and other happenings in the add-ons world.
The Review Queues
- Nominations for full review at the moment are being processed slower than usual. Most nominations are taking about 3 weeks to review.
- Most updates are being reviewed within 1 week.
- Most preliminary reviews are being reviewed within 2 weeks.
These stats are taken from the last queue report:
- 93 new nominations that week. 195 nominations in the queue awaiting review.
- 202 new updates that week. 218 updates in the queue awaiting review.
- 122 new preliminary review submissions that week. 185 preliminary submissions in the queue awaiting review.
- 969 reviews performed by editors in the month of August so far.
Firefox 5 and 6
Firefox 7 and 8
The breaking changes in Firefox 7 have been detailed in this post. The compatibility bump for Firefox 7 was run already, so if your add-on is not compatible yet, we recommend you test and see if any changes are required.
The Firefox 8 compatibility post will be published later this week, and the bump will run next week or the one after.
If you need information on how to test how your add-on affects Firefox startup performance, please read this document: Measuring Add-on Startup Performance.