The Jetpack team is happy to announce the release of Add-on SDK version 1.7! You can download the SDK directly in either zip or tarball format. This version of the SDK is mostly a bug-fix release but with a few added features.
Some of the important features included in this release are:
- Plural forms for localization – many languages treat plural forms of words in different manners. The SDK’s l10n functionality now supports those forms across languages.
- Implementation of ‘Promise Abstractions’ – Promises provide an interface for interacting with an object that represents the result of an action that is performed asynchronously, and may or may not be finished at any given point in time. In the Add-on SDK, we follow the CommonJS Promise/A Implementation.
- contentStyle/contentStyleFile – this give you the ability to inject a CSS file into a web page.
For more new features and a list of the bug fixes that are shipping in this release, please see the Release Notes.
As of this writing the documentation for SDK 1.7 is not available in the usual place, however they should be available by Thursday, May 17th. I will update this post when they are live, but in the meantime you have two options:
- view them on Github: [ Tutorials & Guides ] [ Addon-kit API Docs ]
- download the SDK, activate the SDK environment and then run
cfx docsto generate your own local copy of the documentation.
As always, we’d love to hear from you about your experiences with this release. You can contact us in a variety of ways:
For more information on the Jetpack Project check out our wiki.