I post these updates every 3 weeks to inform add-on developers about the status of the review queues, add-on compatibility, and other happenings in the add-ons world.
The Review Queues
- Most nominations for full review are taking less than 2 weeks to review.
- Most updates are being reviewed within 5 days.
- Most preliminary reviews are being reviewed within 5 days.
These stats are taken from the last queue report:
- 27 nominations in the queue awaiting review.
- 30 updates in the queue awaiting review.
- 30 preliminary review submissions in the queue awaiting review.
Our new reviewer incentives program has been very successful. Volunteer activity has increased significantly and expanded into other areas of contribution. While some reviews are still taking days to be looked at, the majority are being reviewed within the same day.
Firefox 17 Compatibility
The landing of bug 553102 made major change that can break compatibility for many add-ons. In a nutshell, if you set expando properties in JS objects in the content that point to chrome objects, you need to explicitly add the properties to the __exposedProps__ list of that object. A deprecation warning was added in Firefox 15. There’s more information here.
The compatibility post will be up later this week and the validation and bump will happen next week.