I post these updates every 3 weeks to inform add-on developers about the status of the review queues, add-on compatibility, and other happenings in the add-ons world.
The Review Queues
- Most nominations for full review are taking less than 6 weeks to review.
- Most updates are being reviewed within 4 weeks.
- Most preliminary reviews are being reviewed within 3 weeks.
These stats are taken from the last queue report:
- 153 nominations in the queue awaiting review.
- 135 updates in the queue awaiting review.
- 192 preliminary review submissions in the queue awaiting review.
Add-on reviews have been unusually slow for the past couple of months. This is due to a combination of factors, including reduced availability on our side. We’re currently looking into ways to resolve this, and hopefully we will be back to normal waiting times within a month or two. For now we ask you to be patient, and to consider joining our team. Please read below on how to help.
If you’re an add-on developer and would like to see add-ons reviewed faster, please consider joining us. Add-on reviewers get invited to Mozilla events and earn cool gear with their work. Visit our wiki page for more information.
Firefox 23 Compatibility
The compatibility blog post for Firefox 23 is up and the compatibility bump for AMO add-ons was run a couple of weeks ago.
As usual we recommend using the Aurora and Beta branches to test your add-ons ahead of time.
Firefox 24 Compatibility
We’ll be looking into Firefox 24 probably next week, so expect the blog post around that time, with the automatic compatibility bump probably the following week.