Weave is a Mozilla Labs experiment to explore opportunities for the Web browser to broker richer experiences while increasing user control over their data and personal information.
The focus of development so far has been on enabling Weave Sync to encrypt and securely synchronize the Firefox experience across multiple browsers, and more specifically between the desktop and mobile devices.
M4 Development Milestone
This is an early developer release of the Weave client, for testing purposes only, and one of many planned development milestones toward the next major update expected later this year. This development milestone is being made available for testing purposes only and is intended to solicit wider testing and feedback from the broader Mozilla community.
What’s New in M4?
- Preliminary support for Fennec for all data types, i.e. bookmarks, history, tabs, and saved passwords.
- Redesigned sync protocol and server architecture.
- Client optimization to improve CPU and memory efficiency.
- services.mozilla.com now hosted on a redesigned hardware server cluster.
Getting Involved with Testing and Development
- Register for a Weave account on http://services.mozilla.com
- Install the latest development milestone
- Learn more about Weave.
- Discuss, debate, and add to the design in the Weave forum.
- Join us in #labs on irc.mozilla.org.
— Dan Mills, on behalf of the Weave development team