Developers: Start your engines! Mozilla Labs is excited to announce the launch of our first international Open Web Games competition: Game On 2010.
At the end of the competition a panel consisting of some amazing people in the Web and gaming worlds will vote together with the wider community on the best games (overall and in different categories). We have a bunch of great prizes and will fly out the overall winner to next year’s Game Developer Conference and Independent Games Festival in San Francisco where we will give you the red carpet treatment including a behind-the-scenes tour of Mozilla HQ in Mountain View, California – all expenses paid.
All entries will be judged on six dimensions:
- Technology – Does your game demonstrate technical mastery (game engine/ code base)?
- Open Web-iness – Does your game showcase the power of open Web technologies?
- Aesthetics – How good is the visual design and interaction experience?
- Originality – How innovative and unique is the idea and execution?
- Polish – How “production-ready” is the game?
- Fun – Is the game offering an experience you want to return to again and again?
Judging will be done by a panel with many, many awesome experts as well as the wider community. For more details on how games will be evaluated, please visit our judging page.
- September 30th, 2010: Game On 2010 kicks off
- January 11th, 2011: Submission phase ends
- January 31st, 2011: Winners will be announced
- February 28th, 2011: Winners will be flown to San Francisco to attend Game Developer Conference, Independent Games Festival and visit Mozilla HQ
On your Marks. Get Set. Go!
Head over to our Game On 2010 site to get the full scoop on the contest, judges and rules. And stay tuned – we’ll add judges, prizes, and lots more throughout the contest. And if you’re working in the gaming industry and are interested in partnering with us – get in touch!