We released Thunderbird Conversations 2.0 a few days ago! Thunderbird Conversations, as the name implies, is a Thunderbird addon that equips your favorite email client with a conversation view. We worked on both Thunderbird and Conversations, hence the two simultaneous releases: Thunderbird Conversations 2.0 goes with Thunderbird 5.0.
Naturally, a lot of bugs were uncovered during the first few days, so I had to release 2.0.1, then 2.0.2, then 2.0.3. 2.0.4 hasn’t been pushed yet, which means things have been getting more quiet…
- a quick reply feature,
- tight integration with your Thunderbird workflow,
- contact tooltips,
- support for viewing a conversation in a tab,
- integration with other extensions (enigmail, lightning),
- quote collapsing,
- and many more.
There’s a couple of minor annoyances that you might run into :
- if you have customized your fonts, chances are you’ll complain; this is covered in the FAQ and there’s a workaround
- some obscure options are not yet taken into account, you can check whether we’re aware of the issue by checking our issue list
If you have issues, please do not hesitate to report them using the link above. If you have feedback, or general comments about the addon, please leave a message in the google group. We’d love to hear about your feedback!