- Weekly metrics
- Database issues are causing problems, so ignore data for now.
- Firefox takes several minutes to start up has jumped to bottom-rated solved a problem. It’s written for a previous issue that was fixed Firefox 3.5.1; and there are extensions lately that are causing long startup times. Users are probably arriving there because we have no “Firefox takes a long time to start up” article. michaelverdi to replace the old article, and try point out specific extensions.
- Proposed Summit Activities
- These are submitted. Make sure the info on the page is correct.
- Start preparing slides, etc. We can rehearse by presenting to each other before the summit.
- Proposed Q3 goals
- Firefox 4 beta preparations.
- Merge the Mobile support site with the desktop support site.
- In addition, make sure Android docs and community building are ready.
- New site theme. This is part of a set of Mozilla sites getting a new theme.
- Tiki maintenance release. We need to discuss if this is something we need/want.
- Progress on Kitsune KB. Implementing the new KB is not likely to happen in Q3, but we should have an overview of what we can achieve.
- PostCrash. A joint project with the Socorro team to make getting help with crashes a better experience.
- FirefoxHome is being done before Q3. :-)
- Make escalating Firefox issues (to Firefox dev and QA) more community-based and at least more known to the support community.
- Get the community volunteers more involved. More details are needed.
- djst to take all these ideas and draft Q3 goals.
Sumo development update
- We understand the problem.
- To really test the solution we need database replication in staging.
- 2.2 is still underway.
- AAQ work going on this week.
- IT-required downtime on Tuesday night.
- Database disk-space issue.
- Will be down approximately 3 hours.
- Helpful comments in individual article threads
- It looks like we’re getting more action from contributors.
- Removing the Search Helper Extension and Bing Bar
- (Presentation) Drawings and workflows for Kitsune editor
- Please take the time to review it and send us your feedback.
- no update
- Traffic returned to normal, but we were closed for a majority of the scheduled shifts due to unexpected downtime and the Kitsune 2.1 push
- If Firefox 3.6.4 is released this week, we’ll have extended hours after the release.
- SUMO 18.104.22.168 will be pushed to support.mozilla.com on Thursday. It’s one bug, creating an .htaccess redirect for the help link on the app page. We’ll have details early this week.
- We’re also creating a module on mobile.support.mozilla.com to advertise FirefoxHome this week as well.
- Sumo at LinuxTag
- We ran out of time to cover this in the meeting, so Kadir will email an update to the team.
Retrieved from “https://wiki.mozilla.org/Support/Weekly_Meetings/Minutes_2010-06-14“