I post these updates every 3 weeks to inform add-on developers about the status of the review queues, add-on compatibility, and other happenings in the add-ons world.
The Review Queues
- Nominations for full review at the moment are being processed slower than usual. Most nominations are taking about 6 weeks to review.
- Most updates are being reviewed within 2 weeks.
- Most preliminary reviews are being reviewed within 3 weeks.
These stats are taken from the last queue report:
- 82 new nominations that week. 247 nominations in the queue awaiting review.
- 116 new updates that week. 149 updates in the queue awaiting review.
- 66 new preliminary review submissions that week. 104 preliminary submissions in the queue awaiting review.
If you’re interested in joining the AMO Editors team and help us review add-ons, please read the page on How to Apply.
There’s a bug that affects themes in Firefox 8, in Mac OS X Lion. Please read this blog post if you’re a theme developer.
The Firefox 9 compatibility post is here. The compatibility bump to Firefox 9 was run weeks ago, so any add-ons with compatibility under 9.* should be tested and manually upgraded in the Developer Hub, if possible.
You can run the standalone compatibility tool if you want to test your add-on yourself or if it isn’t hosted on AMO.
We strongly recommend that you aim to make your add-on compatible with the Firefox version in the Aurora channel. Making your add-on compatible with Aurora qualifies it for our automatic compatibility upgrades, saving you lots of time. If you need more information about this, don’t hesitate to ask.
Compatibility update coming soon!