Today, Mozilla Labs has two exciting announcements to make.
First, the Mozilla Labs Weblog has been redesigned, and now sports a new and colorful theme we hope reflects the spirit of playfulness and exploration we wish to instill in all things related to Mozilla Labs.
Second, along with the new theme, we’re launching the brand new Mozilla Labs Forum — the central meeting and discussion area for the Labs community. Here you will find forums dedicated to:
- Joey. Joey is a server, Firefox add-on, and java midlet that allow you to pass data from your Firefox browser to cell phone.
- Operator. Operator is a Firefox add-on that lets you combine pieces of information on Web sites with applications through the use of Microformats.
- The Coop. The Coop is an emerging Firefox add-on that will let users keep track of what their friends are doing online, and share new and interesting content with one or more of those friends.
- Idea Center, where you are encouraged to post your ideas about possible features or add-ons for Firefox, or even ideas for whole new Web-related products, projects, and technologies.
- Mozilla Labs Discussion, for discussing anything and everything about Mozilla Labs itself. If you have ideas about how this project could be improved, or if you problems with or questions about anything to do with Labs, please post here.
Laboratories are where science and creativity meet to develop, research, and explore new ideas. Mozilla Labs embraces this great tradition — a virtual lab where we can all come together to create, experiment, and play with new Web innovations and technologies.
Anything goes here. Crazy ideas and inspirations are encouraged as we all explore and experiment with brand new ideas in whole new ways. Mozilla Labs is about inspiring and harnessing the intelligence, wisdom, and energy of the Mozilla community; let’s imagine the future of the Web, and then let’s build it together.
All are welcome. Come play.