- themes today are too hard to find, install and use
- graphic designers should be able to style the browser without having to code
- browsers can be more than just desktop software, they can include online components
- people just want their computer to be a little more fun and personal
This version improves upon a prototype that was discussed and tested earlier this year.
We’ve just started talking about the possible benefits of taking advantage of an online component to deliver a better browser experience. There is certainly more to explore in this regard; Personas is but a simple example.
In this version, the Persona selector is dynamically loaded and populated from a JSON feed and all designs are loaded via URLs to remote resources. All changes to the browser chrome are applied instantly, with no need to restart.
- You can select a Persona from the dynamic menus and see results instantly without having to discover, select, download or install a separate bit of software or code.
- Personas can be added, removed or updated by their designers at any time, without requiring a software update.
Get Personas for Firefox
- Install Now for Firefox 2.0.0.* – 3.0b2pre, Windows/Mac/Linux
Compatible with the default themes that ship with Firefox
How to Get Involved