Weave is a Mozilla Labs project to explore the blending of the desktop and the Web through deeper integration of the browser with online services.
Major Updates and Features
- Significant reworking and strengthening of core synchronization architecture, improving robustness and overall responsiveness.
- AES (Rijndael) encryption is now used by default for all user data.
(Note: external calls to OpenSSL are being used temporarily while we continue to work on extending NSS to support the necessary functionality.)
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) back-end implemented in preparation for the introduction of data sharing capabilities.
- Support for the new Firefox 3 native JSON parser for security, speed, and reliability.
- Synchronization of browser history data is now based on visits rather than URLs.
- Enhanced logging and debugging tools.
Get Weave for Firefox
- Install Weave v0.1.28 for Firefox 3.0b2 or greater, Windows/Mac/Linux
Warning: This is early prototype software. Use at your own risk.
How to Get Involved
We’ll be rolling out prototypes of various components of the framework, gathering feedback, and hosting a series of discussions and sessions on the Mozilla Labs site to plan, design, and further develop Weave.