Weave is a Mozilla Labs project to explore the blending of the desktop and the Web through deeper integration of the browser with online services.
Today we’re releasing an update to the core data synchronization components of Weave in preparation for the introduction of data sharing and third-party APIs.
Major Updates and Features
- Significant reworking and strengthening of core synchronization architecture, improving robustness and overall responsiveness.
- AES (Rijndael) encryption is now used by default for all user data.
(Note: external calls to OpenSSL are being used temporarily while we continue to work on extending NSS to support the necessary functionality.)
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) back-end implemented in preparation for the introduction of data sharing capabilities.
- Support for the new Firefox 3 native JSON parser for security, speed, and reliability.
- Synchronization of browser history data is now based on visits rather than URLs.
- Enhanced logging and debugging tools.
Get Weave for Firefox
- Install Weave v0.1.28 for Firefox 3.0b2 or greater, Windows/Mac/Linux
Warning: This is early prototype software. Use at your own risk.
How to Get Involved
We’ll be rolling out prototypes of various components of the framework, gathering feedback, and hosting a series of discussions and sessions on the Mozilla Labs site to plan, design, and further develop Weave.
xpect16 wrote on :
Pingback from Firefox 3 Beta 5 released | Ofseu.com on :
Aubrey wrote on :
Pingback from Initial test of Mozilla’s Weave between … « Paul M. Watson on :
Pingback from Mozilla Weave: accedere ai propri bookmark di firefox e non solo da qualunque computer on :
Leo wrote on :
Pingback from about:mozilla - Firefox 3 Beta 5, SUMO Day, Thunderbird Bugdays, Labs updates, and more · Get Latest Mozilla Firefox Browsers on :
Tom Janssens wrote on :
firefox indir wrote on :
vBulletin Eklenti wrote on :
Trackback from foxiewire.com on :