Free Firefox Add-on makes eBay trading easier, faster and safer
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., and LONDON, UK – 4 July 2007: Mozilla and eBay International AG today launch the final version of the Firefox Companion for eBay, following public testing and significant positive feedback from more than 100,000 members of the eBay community.
The final version of the Firefox add-on provides a new way for eBay users in the UK, France and Germany to enjoy an integrated online trading experience. The Firefox Companion for eBay offers eBay users a customised web browsing solution that lets them stay connected to their trading, watch items, bid, receive alerts and search in real-time.
The Firefox Companion for eBay includes:
- The eBay Sidebar provides quick access and real-time updates on items you have bid on, you are selling or watching
- Status alerts provide the user with important trading updates, such as when they have been outbid on an item
- Integrated eBay search lets you find, bid and sell with ease
- Safer browsing, with eBay’s Account Guard integration for eBay and PayPal sites and Firefox’s built-in anti-phishing protection
“Mozilla is continuously striving to make the web experience a better one and we are confident that the launch of the Firefox Companion for eBay will help in doing this,” said Christopher Beard, Vice President, Products and Marketing, Mozilla. “By enlisting the help of the wider community, we have been able to deliver a solution that eBay traders really want – an add-on that enables eBay users to stay connected to their eBay trading wherever they are on the web with Firefox.”
Torsten Schuppe, Head of Interactive Marketing at eBay.co.uk, said: “We’re very excited about the launch of the Firefox Companion for eBay. It’s quick, easy and safe and our research shows that our users are enjoying this innovative way of keeping up-to-date with all things eBay.”
Notes to Editors
Firefox Companion for eBay is available immediately for Firefox users in France, Germany and the United Kingdom at:
- http://www.mozilla.com/fr/add-ons/ebay (France)
- http://www.mozilla.com/de/add-ons/ebay (Germany)
- http://www.mozilla.com/en-GB/add-ons/ebay (UK)
Mozilla and eBay encourage our communities to provide feedback on Firefox Companion for eBay at:
- http://www.mozilla.com/fr/add-ons/ebay/feedback (France)
- http://www.mozilla.com/de/add-ons/ebay/feedback (Germany)
- http://www.mozilla.com/en-GB/add-ons/ebay/feedback (UK)
Mozilla is a global community dedicated to building free, open source products and technologies that improve the online experience for people everywhere. We work in the open with a highly disciplined, transparent and cooperative development process, under the umbrella of the non-profit Mozilla Foundation. As a wholly owned subsidiary, the Mozilla Corporation organizes the development and marketing of Mozilla products. This unique structure has enabled Mozilla to financially support and cultivate competitive, viable community innovation. For more information, visit www.mozilla.com.
About eBay International
Founded in 1995, eBay pioneers communities built on commerce, sustained by trust, and inspired by opportunity. eBay enables ecommerce on a local, national and international basis with an array of Websites – including the eBay Marketplaces, PayPal, Skype, Kijiji, Rent.com and Shopping.com – that bring together millions of buyers and sellers every day.
For further information, please contact:
Tel: +49(0)30 8019 5161