12.23.11 - 11:29am
First a big thank-you and Happy Holidays to those who have helped support Thunderbird users at the official Get Satisfaction Thunderbird forum and the official Thunderbird knowledge base (aka SuMoMo) as well as those who support Thunderbird at independent sites like mozillaZine, Geckozone, Thunderbird Mail DE, etc.
- approximately 4000 topics solved, 25000 responses on the Get Satisfaction Thunderbird forum
- Thunderbird 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- moved SuMoMo from Tiki Wiki to Django Kitsune software in April, now have close to 800 articles over about a dozen languages
- recruit more contributors for Thunderbird support and Thunderbird documentation and keep existing contributors happy!
- more Thunderbird releases every 6 weeks
- early 2012: some tweaks to our Thunderbird customization of Get Satisfaction to make things clearer and friendlier
12.19.11 - 11:59am
Thunderbird Support Contributors (e.g. you help support Thunderbird users on Get Satisfaction, or write documentation on SuMoMo or help people in third party independent Thunderbird support sites like mozillaZine, Geckozone, etc), please add yourself to the Mozillians directory and tag yourself “Thunderbird”, “Support” and your city e.g. “Paris”.
Please contact Roland, rtanglao AT mozilla.com to get vouched! Roland will vouch for anybody on the tb-support-crew mailing list!This will allow other Mozilla contriburtors to find you.
11.08.11 - 10:05am
The unofficial but excellent FLOSS Thunderbird manual needs updating for Thunderbird 8. So the team is having a FLOSS Thunderbird manual update sprint tomorrow November 9, 2011 in the real world at the camaraderie coworking space, 102 Adelaide St. E, 2nd floor, Toronto, Ontario, Canada and online for those elsewhere. Jen and I will be participating virtually from Vancouver. No experience required. Just a copy of Thunderbird 8 (would be nice if you knew how to do screenshots but even that’s not required because there are plenty of other things to do like edit the text!)
10.07.11 - 05:32am
Now that Mozilla Messaging is part of Mozilla Corporation, I am moving my blog from here. The old blog will remain for a bit!