I post these updates every 3 weeks to inform add-on developers about the status of the review queues, add-on compatibility, and other happenings in the add-ons world.
In case you missed it, give 2012 in Add-on Reviews a look. It’s a good overview of what the review team did last year and how it compares to previous years.
The Review Queues
- Most nominations for full review are taking less than 3 weeks to review.
- Most updates are being reviewed within 2 weeks.
- Most preliminary reviews are being reviewed within 2 weeks.
These stats are taken from the last queue report:
- 31 nominations in the queue awaiting review.
- 36 updates in the queue awaiting review.
- 21 preliminary review submissions in the queue awaiting review.
Our new reviewer incentives program has become a great motivator for our review team. If you’re an add-on developer, please consider joining us. Add-on reviewers get invited to Mozilla events and earn cool gear with their work. Visit our wiki page for more information.
Firefox 18 Compatibility
The compatibility blog post for Firefox 18 is available here. The compatibility bump was run late last week, hopefully with enough time for you to update your add-ons.
Firefox 18 was released already, but automatic updates are throttled for now, so most users are still on 17 and will be for some time.