I post these updates every 2 weeks to inform add-on developers about the status of the review queues and any other important stuff going on in the add-ons world.
- Nominations for full review at the moment are being processed slower than usual. Nominations are currently taking about 2 weeks to review.
- Most updates are being reviewed within a week.
- Most preliminary reviews are being reviewed within 10 days.
- We posted a call for new reviewers on our blog recently and many new reviewers have already joined our team and helped us cut down review times drastically. Just look at earlier reports for comparison. If you’re interested, please read on how to apply.
The Review Queues
- These stats are taken from the last queue report.
- 127 new nominations that week. 261 nominations in the queue awaiting review.
- 171 new updates that week. 172 updates in the queue awaiting review.
- 147 new preliminary review submissions that week. 180 in the queue awaiting review.
- 2054 reviews were performed in the month of June (updated).
Firefox 5 and 6
I posted a thorough look at breaking changes in Firefox 5 and 6. If there’s anything missing there, please let us know. Make sure to read the comments too!
On the add-on performance front, the Talos team has been doing a lot of progress fixing bugs in the automated testing framework. Our Performance page is now much more accurate because of this. For a more detailed view of the test results, Wladimir Palant (the creator of AdBlock Plus) has an excellent overview dashboard that points out failed tests as well as abnormal results.
If you need information on how to test this yourself, please read this document: Measuring Add-on Startup Performance.