I post these updates every 2 weeks to inform add-on developers about the status of the review queues, add-on compatibility, and other relevant happenings in the add-ons world.
- Nominations for full review at the moment are being processed slower than usual. Nominations are currently taking about 3 weeks to review.
- Most updates are being reviewed within 5 days.
- Most preliminary reviews are being reviewed within 10 days.
- We posted a call for new reviewers on our blog recently and many new reviewers have already joined our team and helped us cut down review times drastically. Just look at earlier reports for comparison. If you’re interested, please read on how to apply.
The Review Queues
- These stats are taken from the last queue report.
- 101 new nominations that week. 215 nominations in the queue awaiting review.
- 155 new updates that week. 161 updates in the queue awaiting review.
- 109 new preliminary review submissions that week. 140 in the queue awaiting review.
- 841 reviews performed in the month of July so far.
Firefox 5 and 6
I posted a thorough look at breaking changes in Firefox 5 and 6. If there’s anything missing there, please let us know. Make sure to read the comments too!
Firefox 7 and 8
I’ll be posting a Firefox 7 compatibility update shortly after this post. It will also include a couple of early warnings for Firefox 8.
If you need information on how to test how your add-on affects Firefox startup performance, please read this document: Measuring Add-on Startup Performance.