I post these updates every 3 weeks to inform add-on developers about the status of the review queues, add-on compatibility, and other happenings in the add-ons world.
We had a significant outage on our site (and others) earlier this week, which affected some add-on operations such as compatibility checks. AMO is back to normal now and we’re looking into ways of avoiding this from happening again.
The Review Queues
- Nominations for full review at the moment are being processed slower than usual. Most nominations are taking less than 5 weeks to review.
- Most updates are being reviewed within 10 days.
- Most preliminary reviews are being reviewed within 3 weeks.
These stats are taken from the last queue report:
- 67 new nominations that week. 224 nominations in the queue awaiting review.
- 101 new updates that week. 135 updates in the queue awaiting review.
- 78 new preliminary review submissions that week. 115 preliminary submissions in the queue awaiting review.
If you’re interested in joining the AMO Editors team and help us review add-ons, please visit our wiki page.
The Firefox 10 compatibility post is here. The compatibility bump to Firefox 10 was run last week, so any add-ons with compatibility under 10.* should be tested and manually upgraded in the Developer Hub, if possible.
You can run the standalone compatibility tool if you want to test your add-on yourself or if it isn’t hosted on AMO.
The Add-ons Default to Compatible feature is progressing, and we expect to land for Firefox 10 or 11. Once this is in place, your compatibility worries will be minimized, and we’ll be taking a more active role in letting developers know if their add-ons are incompatible with a new version of Firefox. This feature will be a big win for both developers and Firefox users, so we’re very excited about it.