- Weekly metrics
- 24 hours of dataloss means that some stats will look weird.
- Forum response rate is going up! It would be nice to get a list of top contributors. Cww to send that out.
- Trended search terms are dependant on traffic, which makes them not trustworthy. Cww has a more reliable way of doing it, so he will fill in those metrics from now on.
- Quick metrics gathering and common issues gathering flowcharts
- This is an overview. More detailed documentation to come.
- We can look at ways to enable community contribution in the process. (e.g. tagging threads)
- The flow chart is good, but needs more explanatory text.
- Kitsune KB PRD report
- Helpfulness Tests:
- How to set the home page rewrite
- Profiles rewrite
- Home page categories (needs review)
- Embeded screencasts (needs review) To see the example, click on show for Mac os and the first video is the example. To implement, I’ll have to make new screencasts for the Windows version and add them to the current article and then construct the test page from that.
- Verbatim documentation: I drafted an article and screencast but a solution for importing the current SUMO interface strings was found. The article will get split in two and rewritten as general Verbatim instructions.
- Staś from the localization team is helping write a script to port strings over to Verbatim so localizers don’t have to retranslate strings as we move to Verbatim. (Yay Staś!)
- no update
- Results from informal contributor survey
- Users more grateful in Live Chat (instant gratification)
- Live Chat has a lot of contributor churn than the Forum. Fewer helpers are “lost” in weeks with fewer questions
- A lot of contributors like the live chat workflow, and it has advantages for certain types of users.
- How can we incorporate more of what makes Live Chat work into other methods of support, and how can we better focus our real-time support resources?
- zzxc dropped from the call before he could get into this presentation, so he will do the presentation next week.
- Starting to gather ideas for support-related activities during the summit.
- Take advantage of so many sumo contributors being together in the same place.
- Figure out how we can be more helpful to other teams in Mozilla.