Hello, SUMO Nation! How have you been? We skipped last week as I was away from the keyboard, discovering the wonders of the offline world but… we’re back and ready to share news and updates with you.
A warm welcome to those who joined us recently!
Monday SUMO Community meetings
- The previous one was unfortunately cancelled, which means no notes to share – sorry!
- Remember that you can watch the archived meeting videos on our YouTube channel.
- The next one is happening on Monday, 24th of August. Join us!
- If you want to add a discussion topic to upcoming the live meeting agenda:
- Start a thread in the Community Forums, so that everyone in the community can see what will be discussed and voice their opinion here before Monday (this will make it easier to have an efficient meeting).
- Please do so as soon as you can before the meeting, so that people have time to read, think, and reply (and also add it to the agenda).
Help needed – thank you!
- Help us record an awesome SUMO video! More details here.
- Help us make things happen after the #mozwww Whistler meetup – go to this thread and read more about the sessions linked from there.
- The next Platform meeting will take place on the 27th of August.
- We have first participants and details about the upcoming l10n sprints – thanks to community members in the Arabic, Indonesian, and Chinese localizer groups!
- Reminder: the first version of tutorial videos for new localizers has appeared… More details and links in our forums. Please provide your feedback before they’re uploaded to YouTube!
- If you want to take a stab at some fresh content to localize, take a look here.
Firefox (for Desktop, for Android, for iOS)
- official blog post. More details in the
- Firefox for Android arrived in its 40th version as well.
- In the meantime, Firefox for iOS is slowly becoming more and more real – stay tuned for announcements!
That’s it for today, looking forward to seeing you all on Monday – take care, take it easy, and safe travels!