Hello, SUMO Nation!
It’s been a while, but we’re back with more updates for you! We hope you’re feeling better than some of us (*cough cough*) – rumour has it that home-made onion syrup is the best cure around, so maybe a bit of old school domestic alchemy will be required… Never mind the coughing, here are the updates!
Welcome, New Contributors!
Last SUMO Community meeting
Reminder: the next SUMO Community meeting…
- …is going to take place on Monday, 19th of October. Join us!
- If you want to add a discussion topic to upcoming the live meeting agenda:
- Start a thread in the Community Forums, so that everyone in the community can see what will be discussed and voice their opinion here before Monday (this will make it easier to have an efficient meeting).
- Please do so as soon as you can before the meeting, so that people have time to read, think, and reply (and also add it to the agenda).
- You can see the current state of the backlog our developers are working on here.
- The next Platform meeting will take place on the 29th of October (Kadir is AFK next week, so we’re cancelling the meeting).
- The most important update in the last two weeks: Etherpad = Etherpad Lite – read all about it here.
- Reminder: let us know what you think about contributor information at SUMO.
- If you think you can benefit from getting a second-hand device to help you with contributing to SUMO, you know where to find us.
- Huge thanks to everyone rocking the KB last week!
- Watch out for new Webmaker content to update both on your dashboards and in Verbatim / Pontoon!
- Help needed! Let’s build a database of English departments at universities around the world – this will help us find new SUMO l10ns in the future.
- for Android
- The documentation for version 42 is wrapping up
- for Desktop
- The 41.0.1 release did fix the Flash/Farmville crash/hang issues – hooray!
- This (and other factors) lead to a very, very low crash rate – double hooray!
- Firefox 41 has been around for a while, so… it’s time to start talking Firefox 42!
- Windows 64 bit support is coming in version 42, but you’ll have to dive deeper (into the FTP site) to get it. Mind you, there will be no support for
- The Norton Toolbar fix is coming late October – more updates here.
- for iOS
- The global launch should happen before the end of this year, but we can’t spoil the surprise for you just yet, sorry!
- Firefox OS
- Version 2.5 coming out in November. It will be geared towards our community and developers. We have some placeholders in place for articles, but in the meantime we’re pointing curious users to MDN.