Hello, SUMO Nation!
February is almost over, get ready for March! Spring is coming… and so are the latest updates from the world of SUMO.
Welcome, new contributors!
Most recent SUMO Community meeting
- You can read the notes here and see the video on our YouTube channel and at AirMozilla.
- IMPORTANT: We are considering changing the way the meetings work. Help us figure out what’s best for you – join the discussion on the forums in this thread: (Monday) Community Meetings in 2016.
The next SUMO Community meeting…
- …is happening on WEDNESDAY the 2nd of March – join us!
- Reminder: if you want to add a discussion topic to the upcoming meeting agenda:
- Start a thread in the Community Forums, so that everyone in the community can see what will be discussed and voice their opinion here before Wednesday (this will make it easier to have an efficient meeting).
- Please do so as soon as you can before the meeting, so that people have time to read, think, and reply (and also add it to the agenda).
- If you can, please attend the meeting in person (or via IRC), so we can follow up on your discussion topic during the meeting with your feedback.
- You can see the current state of the backlog our developers are working on here.
- The latest SUMO Platform meeting notes can be found here. Notable news: Django 1.8 and HTTP 2.0 deployed on SUMO!
- Do you want to help us build Kitsune (the engine behind SUMO)? Read more about it here and fork it on GitHub!
- Brazilian SUMO members are getting ready to rock the spring – more details soon, thanks to Marco Aurélio!
- …so are our Tunisian friends, under the expert guidance of Synergy
- Ongoing reminder: if you want to write a guest blog post for the SUMO blog, let us know in the comments! Two posts are in the pipeline, but we do have a lot of space for yours, trust me.
Ongoing reminder: if you think you can benefit from getting a second-hand device to help you with contributing to SUMO, you know where to find us.
- The Social Wiki is here – participate as you see fit!
- Reminder: here’s the kick-off document for the social support program.
- The mailing list is up: – subscribe now for all things Social/Support.
- Reminder: We have a training out there for all those interested in Social Support – talk to Madalina or Costenslayer on #AoA (IRC) for more information.
- *a few more crickets*
- Firefox Version 45 articles are being finalized this week.
- Final reminder: Lauren and Joni have answered many a question and comment regarding the recent updates to the documentation for new contributors: read all about it here!
- If you’re curious about reaching 100% in style, read more about the French way of localizing everything in this blog post.
- One more great thing from France… Transvision 4.1 is out!
- The Bengali localizers are working on a style guide – want to help? Click here!
- …and while they’re at it, there’s an ongoing l10n sprint for Bengali to celebrate the International Mother Language Day.
- Watch this space tomorrow for a special post from one of our Locale Leaders…
- Starting next week, weekly updates from the world of SUMO l10n are coming up as separate blog posts (it’s an experiment, so watch out for explosions).
- Reminder: we are deprioritizing Firefox OS content localization for now (more context here). If you have questions about it, let me know.
- Reminder: goals for February can be found on your dashboards – go forth and localize! And yes, this means goals for March are coming up soon.
- One more thing… Let’s fancy things up a bit! This beauty is now available in sticker format for all SUMO localizers, thanks to Elio.
- for Desktop
- Click here to learn more about the Firefox 45 Release Notes and join the discussion. Coming your way on March 8th!
- Version 44.0.1 is here. Click and do let us know if you have issues with proxies, antivirus software, and certificates!
- for iOS
- Version 2.0 is out! Learn more about it & ask questions here.
- Version 2.1 that will address some known issues coming up soon – thanks for reporting the problems you may have encountered!
- We’re entering the 6 week long developer cycle for 3.0 in late March
And that’s it for this week! So… Any plans for March? Any suggestions for a great way to get out of the winter slowness and get a good start into spring freshness? Let us know in the comments! SEE YOU ON WEDNESDAY AT OUR COMMUNITY MEETING!