Hello, SUMO Nation!
March is gone, and we had a little break in posting last week, due to travelling and training. Fear not, we’re back, and there’s at least one more post coming your way this week. Here are all the most recent news and updates from the world of SUMO…
Welcome, new contributors!
Most recent SUMO Community meeting
- Reminder: WE HAVE MOVED TO WEDNESDAYS!
- You can read the notes here and see the video on our YouTube channel and at AirMozilla.
The next SUMO Community meeting…
- …is happening on WEDNESDAY the 6th of April – join us!
- Reminder: if you want to add a discussion topic to the upcoming meeting agenda:
- Start a thread in the Community Forums, so that everyone in the community can see what will be discussed and voice their opinion here before Wednesday (this will make it easier to have an efficient meeting).
- Please do so as soon as you can before the meeting, so that people have time to read, think, and reply (and also add it to the agenda).
- If you can, please attend the meeting in person (or via IRC), so we can follow up on your discussion topic during the meeting with your feedback.
- Important reminder: Kitsune development is currently in maintenance mode due to changes in the developer group – read this FAQ post. If you have questions about this, please contact us via the forum.
- The latest SUMO Platform meeting notes can be found here.
- Do you want to help us build Kitsune (the engine behind SUMO)? Read more about it here and fork it on GitHub!
- Nominations for the London Work Week are locked down and will be sent out soon – the Participation team will contact everyone in early April – in the meantime, take a look at this wiki page for more details.
Ongoing reminder: if you think you can benefit from getting a second-hand device to help you with contributing to SUMO, you know where to find us.
- Madalina is waiting for your feedback regarding Sprinklr. Send it directly to her, using her email address.
- Welcome to our new Brazilian superheroes – Jhonatas Rodrigues and Magno!
- Ongoing reminder: We have a training out there for all those interested in Social Support – talk to Madalina or Costenslayer on #AoA (IRC) for more information.
- No new news – we’re still waiting for the plugin check page updates… Bear with us (like a grizzly would)!
Knowledge Base & L10n
- Firefox for iOS version 3.0 documentation is here & ready for localization!
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/whats-new-firefox-ios-30 (brand new!)
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/set-passcode-and-touch-id-firefox (brand new!)
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/whats-new-firefox-ios-20 (added link at the bottom)
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/awesome-screen-ios-access-favorites-reading-list (includes a new section)
- You can check the
- Final reminder: version 45 articles are ready for localization… Get to it, l10ns!
- Reminder: are you aware of the l10n hackathons happening in your locale? Take a look at this blog post and contact your l10n team to get involved.
- The always amazing Czech localizers are super-duper close to reaching an absolute 100%… Will they do it before the end of April?
- Speaking of achievements… New locale milestones for April coming everyone’s way before this week is over! Get ready to rock!
- for Android
- Version 45 support discussion thread.
- Version 46 content in the works, including offline access to cached web pages.
- for Desktop
- For the main thread on our forums about Firefox 45, click here.
- New content for version 46 in the works – no big release, mostly a bug fixing update.
- for iOS
Now, remember to play nice and don’t make too many crazy jokes on the 1st of April… And don’t believe (almost) anything you see online that day! The next 24 hours belong to imagination and pranksters. Good luck to us all & see you on the definitely more serious end of April 1st ;-)