Hi SUMO Nation!
You may have heard news about changes in the SUMO Developer team. We would like to answer the most frequently asked questions and make sure to answer all other questions you may have.
- What is happening with current SUMO Developers?
They are moving on to other Mozilla projects, but they will stay as the owners until the new Developer team takes over and is comfortable with the platform. We do not have a date for this happening, yet.
- Can I still contribute fixes and new features to Kitsune?
Yes, the Developer team will review pull requests the same way they did before. Nothing is changing in this respect.
- What is the process for submitting fixes and new features to Kitsune?
Again, nothing is changing for volunteer contributors with regard to submitting pull requests and getting them reviewed.
- What happens if SUMO / Kitsune breaks?
The Developer team are still the owners of the platform. If anything breaks, they will fix it.
- What does it mean for the backlog of Kitsune bugs in Bugzilla?
We won’t be working on any new features for a while, at least until the new developer team has taken the platform over.
- Who do I contact if I have questions about developing Kitsune?
Let us know if you have any other questions in this forum thread.