Hello, SUMO Nation!
Time for a slightly personal introduction… Are you a fan of the whole time change, with Daylight Saving Time and changing times, just because we can’t figure time out, apparently? Yeah, me neither. So, if you missed an important meeting with someone in a different time zone this week because of the change… don’t worry, keep rocking! C’est la vie :-) Let’s get on with the show!
Welcome, new contributors!
Most recent SUMO Community meeting
- Reminder: WE HAVE MOVED TO WEDNESDAYS!
- You can read the notes here and see the video on our YouTube channel and at AirMozilla.
The next SUMO Community meeting…
- …is happening on WEDNESDAY the 23rd of March – join us!
- Reminder: if you want to add a discussion topic to the upcoming meeting agenda:
- Start a thread in the Community Forums, so that everyone in the community can see what will be discussed and voice their opinion here before Wednesday (this will make it easier to have an efficient meeting).
- Please do so as soon as you can before the meeting, so that people have time to read, think, and reply (and also add it to the agenda).
- If you can, please attend the meeting in person (or via IRC), so we can follow up on your discussion topic during the meeting with your feedback.
- Important announcement: Kitsune development is currently entering maintenance mode due to changes in the developer group – we’ll keep you posted as the situation develops. If you have questions or concerns about this, please contact us via the forum.
- The latest SUMO Platform meeting notes can be found here.
- Do you want to help us build Kitsune (the engine behind SUMO)? Read more about it here and fork it on GitHub!
- We are discussing adding notifications to the contributor profiles – take a look at the thread here.
- We will let you know about nominations for the London Work Week soon – in the meantime, take a look at this wiki page for more details.
- If you ever wondered how to get your name onto the about:credits page in Firefox, take a look here.
- Final reminder: want to help us figure out how to deal with IRC, Telegram, and all that jazz? Jump into this thread!
Ongoing reminder: if you think you can benefit from getting a second-hand device to help you with contributing to SUMO, you know where to find us.
- Madalina is waiting for your feedback regarding Sprinklr. Send it directly to her, using her email address.
- Final reminder: The Social Wiki is here – participate as you see fit!
- Ongoing reminder: We have a training out there for all those interested in Social Support – talk to Madalina or Costenslayer on #AoA (IRC) for more information.
- Firefox for iOS version 3.0 documentation is here! So far, there’s only one article available, but the second one is coming soon (it needs approval from the Firefox for iOS team).
- You can check the
- Reminder: version 45 articles are ready for localization… Get to it, l10ns!
- Safwan, our resident codemaster, is working on something really, really cool for localizers (and KB writers in general), again :-)
- Pontoon tutorial videos are in production – so far, the following topics are being covered (if you think we’re missing something, let me know):
- Are you aware of the l10n hackathons happening in your locale? Take a look at this blog post and contact your l10n team to get involved. I would love for all localizers in each locale to come together and have a great time – let’s make that happen!
- Reminder: Click here to see the date of the latest UI string update (from your Pontoon contributions)
- Reminder: we are deprioritizing Firefox OS content localization for now (more context here). If you have questions about it, let me know.
- for Android
- for iOS
That’s it for this week, but there should be a post or two coming your way before Monday… I hope! If there’s nothing but crickets, worry not – there will be more news next week. In the meantime, stay safe, stay dry, stay warm, and don’t forget to smile – I hear it’s good for your face muscles :-)