Hello, SUMO Nation!
August, the most venerable and majestic of months, is here. How are you doing? This is the release week, and we have also a few pieces of new to release, for your reading pleasure :-)
Welcome, new contributors!
If you just joined us, don’t hesitate – come over and say “hi” in the forums!
Most recent SUMO Community meeting
The next SUMO Community meeting…
- …is happening on the 10th of August!
- If you want to add a discussion topic to the upcoming meeting agenda:
- Start a thread in the Community Forums, so that everyone in the community can see what will be discussed and voice their opinion here before Wednesday (this will make it easier to have an efficient meeting).
- Please do so as soon as you can before the meeting, so that people have time to read, think, and reply (and also add it to the agenda).
- If you can, please attend the meeting in person (or via IRC), so we can follow up on your discussion topic during the meeting with your feedback.
- PLATFORM REMINDER! The Platform Meetings are BACK! If you missed the previous ones, here is the etherpad, with links to the recordings on AirMo.
- UPDATE! This is, by far, the biggest piece of news we have for you this week. We are going forward with the migration of SUMO from Kitsune (our beloved home-brewed platform) to Lithium, a modern 3rd party platform we chose after careful and long deliberation (with valuable input from some of you – thank you!)
- THE EVEN MORE IMPORTANT PART: I know, it keeps escalating, hm? Please take a look at this migration document and use this migration thread to put questions/comments about it for everyone to share and discuss. As much as possible, please try to keep the migration discussion and questions limited to those two places – we don’t want to chase ten different threads in eight different places ;-).
- Please help our new copy content strategist, looking out for examples where the words used in Firefox may have confused users.
- Ongoing reminder #1: if you think you can benefit from getting a second-hand device to help you with contributing to SUMO, you know where to find us.
- Ongoing reminder #2: we are looking for more contributors to our blog. Do you write on the web about open source, communities, SUMO, Mozilla… and more? Do let us know!
- Ongoing reminder #3: want to know what’s going on with the Admins? Check this thread in the forum.
- Thanks to everyone who participated in our Social Day today!
- Ongoing reminder: We have a training out there for all those interested in Social Support – talk to Madalina or Costenslayer on #AoA (IRC) for more information.
- On Friday at 12:00 PST we will have a live video session of forum question troubleshooting in the SUMO room and IRc channel – we will be there for 2 hours and you are welcome to join via IRC or Vidyo – as usual – see you there!
- Please be on the look out for e10s questions! There are users who received Electrolysis with the latest update, and their profile will have this preference set to “true”: browser.tabs.remote.force-enable
- A request to all the new contributors joining this week: please come say “hello” in the Introduce yourself thread and on IRC at any time. Just ping anyone with an ops account in IRC
- Expect to see some new moderators later this week in the forums – say “hello!” – more on this coming your way next week.
- for Desktop
This being the release week, you may want to read about the new improvements in more detail. Good times ahead!
Keep rocking the helpful web, SUMO Nation… and make the most of the final weeks of summer! Party on!