Hello, SUMO Nation!
How have you been? We missed you! Some of you have gone on holidays and already came back (to the inaudible – but huge – relief of the hundreds of users who ask questions in the forums and the millions of visitors who read the Knowledge Base). Let’s move on to the updates, shall we?
Welcome, new contributors!
Most recent SUMO Community meeting
The next SUMO Community meeting…
- …is happening on the 17th of August!
- If you want to add a discussion topic to the upcoming meeting agenda:
- Start a thread in the Community Forums, so that everyone in the community can see what will be discussed and voice their opinion here before Wednesday (this will make it easier to have an efficient meeting).
- Please do so as soon as you can before the meeting, so that people have time to read, think, and reply (and also add it to the agenda).
- If you can, please attend the meeting in person (or via IRC), so we can follow up on your discussion topic during the meeting with your feedback.
- PLATFORM REMINDER! The Platform Meetings are BACK! If you missed the previous ones, here is the etherpad, with links to the recordings on AirMo.
- MIGRATION REMINDER Please take a look at this migration document and use this migration thread to put questions/comments about it for everyone to share and discuss. As much as possible, please try to keep the migration discussion and questions limited to those two places – we don’t want to chase ten different threads in eight different places ;-).
- Having said that – thanks to everyone participating in the discussion – we are looking forward to hearing from more of you!
- Please help us with the audits of existing guidelines and documentation – read and tell us what you think in the following documents:
- Ongoing reminder #1: if you think you can benefit from getting a second-hand device to help you with contributing to SUMO, you know where to find us.
- Ongoing reminder #2: we are looking for more contributors to our blog. Do you write on the web about open source, communities, SUMO, Mozilla… and more? Do let us know!
- Ongoing reminder #3: want to know what’s going on with the Admins? Check this thread in the forum.
- The results for the SUMO Social Day last week were shared out during the Monday Project Meeting.
- Come and sign up for Sprinklr – we need your help! Use the step-by-step guide here. Take a look at some useful videos:
- Ongoing reminder: We have a training out there for all those interested in Social Support – talk to Madalina or Costenslayer on #AoA (IRC) for more information.
- Thanks from Michelle for your help with the content strategy request she put forward.
- Get ready for the SUMO Release Report for Firefox 48 – the template is out and open for the next two weeks! More information (and discussion) in this forum thread.
- Brazilian moderators have started moderating – thank you!
- for Android
- no news from the Android side…
- for Desktop
- …or the Desktop side…
…what a quiet ending to this post, I hope you did not fall asleep. Then again, a siesta on a hot summer day is the best thing ever, trust me :-). Keep rocking (quietly, at least in the summer) the helpful web!