Hello, SUMO Nation!
It’s good to be back and know you’re reading these words :-) A lot more happening this week (have you heard about Activate Mozilla?), so go through the updates if you have not attended all our meetings – and do let us know if there’s anything else you want to see in the blog posts – in the comments!
Welcome, new contributors!
If you just joined us, don’t hesitate – come over and say “hi” in the forums!
Most recent SUMO Community meeting
The next SUMO Community meeting…
- …is happening on the 24th of August!
- If you want to add a discussion topic to the upcoming meeting agenda:
- Start a thread in the Community Forums, so that everyone in the community can see what will be discussed and voice their opinion here before Wednesday (this will make it easier to have an efficient meeting).
- Please do so as soon as you can before the meeting, so that people have time to read, think, and reply (and also add it to the agenda).
- If you can, please attend the meeting in person (or via IRC), so we can follow up on your discussion topic during the meeting with your feedback.
- Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY wishes to Safwan, one of our biggest SUMO heroes! If you want to join in, send him a PM here.
- There is a Mozilla Day coming up in Abidjan (Ivory Coast) – if you are around on the 20th of August, join the communit there! Remember that you can find more events on this page.
- PLATFORM REMINDER! The Platform Meetings are BACK! If you missed the previous ones, here is the etherpad, with links to the recordings on AirMo.
- We met with Scott, the project manager for our migration to Lithium – and we are in the process of organizing teams on both sides to kick off the migration process properly.
- Madalina will refresh the meeting agenda to make sure it’s clear, informative, and easily accessible – stay tuned for more details.
- We also started working in “sprints” and the migration is a part of this structure.
- MIGRATION REMINDER: Please take a look at this migration document and use this migration thread to put questions/comments about it for everyone to share and discuss. As much as possible, please try to keep the migration discussion and questions limited to those two places – we don’t want to chase ten different threads in eight different places ;-).
- FINAL REMINDER: Please help us with the audits of existing guidelines and documentation – read and tell us what you think in the following documents:
- Ongoing reminder #1: if you think you can benefit from getting a second-hand device to help you with contributing to SUMO, you know where to find us.
- Ongoing reminder #2: we are looking for more contributors to our blog. Do you write on the web about open source, communities, SUMO, Mozilla… and more? Do let us know!
- Ongoing reminder #3: want to know what’s going on with the Admins? Check this thread in the forum.
- The results for the SUMO Social Day last week were shared out during the Monday Project Meeting.
- Come and sign up for Sprinklr (send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com). We need your help! Use the step-by-step guide here. Take a look at some useful videos:
- A fun fact: the most activity on social channels takes place at 14:00 on Tuesdays and 11:00 on Thursdays (PST).
- Ongoing reminder: We have a training out there for all those interested in Social Support – talk to Madalina or Costenslayer on #AoA (IRC) for more information.
- for Android
- Version 49 will not have many features, but will include bug and security fixes.
- for Desktop
… and that’s it for now, fellow Mozillians! We hope you’re looking forward to a great weekend and we hope to see you soon – online or offline! Keep rocking the helpful web!