Hello, SUMO Nation!
Another hot week behind us, and you kept us going – thank you for that! Here is a portion of the latest and greatest news from the world of SUMO – your world :-)
Welcome, new contributors!
If you just joined us, don’t hesitate – come over and say “hi” in the forums!
Most recent SUMO Community meeting
The next SUMO Community meeting…
- …is happening on the 31st of August!
- If you want to add a discussion topic to the upcoming meeting agenda:
- Start a thread in the Community Forums, so that everyone in the community can see what will be discussed and voice their opinion here before Wednesday (this will make it easier to have an efficient meeting).
- Please do so as soon as you can before the meeting, so that people have time to read, think, and reply (and also add it to the agenda).
- If you can, please attend the meeting in person (or via IRC), so we can follow up on your discussion topic during the meeting with your feedback.
- PLATFORM REMINDER! The Platform Meetings are BACK! If you missed the previous ones, here is the etherpad, with links to the recordings on AirMo. (here’s the channel you can subscribe to).
- We are working on making sure we recognize your “legacy” contributions after the migration – please take a look here.
- MIGRATION REMINDER: Please take a look at this migration document and use this migration thread to put questions/comments about it for everyone to share and discuss. As much as possible, please try to keep the migration discussion and questions limited to those two places – we don’t want to chase ten different threads in eight different places ;-).
- The Release Report for Firefox 48 will be shared during the upcoming Monday Project Meeting.
- Ongoing reminder #1: if you think you can benefit from getting a second-hand device to help you with contributing to SUMO, you know where to find us.
- Ongoing reminder #2: we are looking for more contributors to our blog. Do you write on the web about open source, communities, SUMO, Mozilla… and more? Do let us know!
- Ongoing reminder #3: want to know what’s going on with the Admins? Check this thread in the forum.
- Please vote for the social panel at the SXSW conference & festival – you can do so here until the 1st of September.
- Come and sign up for Sprinklr (send an email to email@example.com). We need your help! Use the step-by-step guide here. Take a look at some useful videos:
- for Android
- Version 49 will offer offline caching for some web pages. Take a bit of the net with you outside of the network’s range!
- for Desktop
- Version 48.0.2 (for Windows only) includes a second attempt to fix startup crashes caused by Websense
- Version 49 will offer the option to have pages in your Reading List read aloud to you by your computer – what a time to be alive :-)
… and we’re done! We hope you have a great week(end) and that you come back soon to keep rocking the helpful web with us!
P.S. Just in case you missed it, here’s a great read about the way we want you to make Mozilla look better in the future.