Hi folks! Earlier this week, there was another update to support.mozilla.com, I’d like to tell you about. This update was tagged as SUMO 0.8.1.
- The Vietnamese localization has now been enabled, and we welcome NGUYỄN-Mạnh Hùng, who will lead the Vietnamese Firefox Support effort.
- Contributors may have noticed that after login, you are now taken to the Contributor Home Page. This should give all contributors easier access to contributor tools, such as documentation, latest knowledge base edits, latest contributor discussions, and contributor news.
- Uploading images to knowledge base articles has been changed to fix some localization and security issues. You now have to upload an image before adding it to an article; and adding an image is done by picking a thumbnail in the article editor. For more information on adding images, see Editing articles.
- On Live Chat, there was a bug in which trainees could not be invited to new chat sessions; and it really hampered the training process. That bug is now fixed.
- The Forums also had a major bug, in which trying to view forum thread older than two weeks produced an error message. That bug has also been fixed, so users running a forum search can now read any discussion in the search results.
- The much anticipated new search engine has been in testing, and quite a few backend changes were made to prepare for the launch. We’re close to switching to the new search engine!
You can see a full list of SUMO 0.8.1 bug fixes in Bugzilla. Remember that if you see any bugs on support.mozilla.com or you think of a great new feature for the web site, please let us know about it in the Contributors Forum or file a bug in Bugzilla.