For the past few weeks we have been gathering a list of changes from Firefox 3.5 to 3.6. The next step is to go through the list of articles and determine which articles need to be updated for each of those changes, and everyone can help. If you want to help updating the knowledge base for Firefox 3.6, here’s what to do:
- Go through the list of articles.
- Look for content that needs to be updated according to the changes we have gathered. Some notable changes to look for:
- The Main preferences panel has been renamed to the General preferences panel, so any references to the Main panel will need to be updated.
- Thanks to the great work by Curtis Bartley and other Firefox developers, any documentation pointing users to their profile can be updated to make use of new about:support page. (e.g. “Open the Help menu and select Troubleshooting Information…. In the resulting page, click Open Containing Folder.)
- For each change in Firefox, list the article that need to be updated on this wiki page.
In a couple of weeks, once we have got a good idea of the affect each change has on our documentation, we can then decide which updates can be automated. If you have any questions, just ask in the Contributors forum thread. Thank you!