I post these updates every 3 weeks to inform add-on developers about the status of the review queues, add-on compatibility, and other happenings in the add-ons world.
The Review Queues
- Most nominations for full review are taking less than 4 weeks to review.
- Most updates are being reviewed within 2 weeks.
- Most preliminary reviews are being reviewed within 10 days.
These stats are taken from the last queue report:
- 178 nominations in the queue awaiting review.
- 99 updates in the queue awaiting review.
- 161 preliminary review submissions in the queue awaiting review.
If you’re an add-on developer and would like to see add-ons reviewed faster, please consider joining us. Add-on reviewers get invited to Mozilla events and earn cool gear with their work. Visit our wiki page for more information.
Firefox 25 Compatibility
The compatibility blog post for Firefox 25 is up, and the compatibility bump for AMO add-ons was run last week.
Firefox 26 Compatibility
The blog post should be up next week.
As usual we recommend using the Aurora and Beta branches to test your add-ons ahead of time.
Add-on File Registration Proposal
This is a pretty big deal for all add-on developers, especially those who distribute their add-ons outside of AMO. Please take some time to read the post and the document. If you have any feedback, please comment on the newsgroup and not here. It’s easier to keep all comments in one place so we can revisit them in the future if adjustments are needed.