On Friday May 23 we’ll be hosting a Support Firefox Day. Frequent readers or SUMO contributors might remember the SUMO Day we hosted in April. Well, this time it’s SUMO Day with a twist and you really don’t want to miss it!
You’ll get a chance to learn more about the Mozilla Corporation and Firefox 3 and have your voice heard. We’ve got lots of things planned! In particular, we’ve lined up a prestigious group of Mozilla celebrities who will be taking YOUR questions and feedback about a variety of subjects. We’ll also have workshops where we’ll be focusing on all the new features of Firefox 3.
Take a look at this preliminary schedule:
- 8:00 AM PDT – 10:00: Support session #1
- 10:00 – 10:45: Workshop: Supporting Firefox 3 users with Live Chat. In this workshop, you’ll learn all you need to know about the cool user-to-user support solution on SUMO to start helping others. Host: Lucy Connor
- 11:00 – 11:30: Chat with Mike Connor, Developer Lead of Firefox 3. Mike will be taking your questions about the upcoming release of Firefox 3 and all its new features, including the all-new product help (yes, SUMO!)
- 11:30 – 12:30: Support Session #2
- 12:30 – 1:15: Workshop: Learn all about the new bookmark system in Firefox 3 (tags, smart location bar, keywords) to better help others. Host: Dietrich Ayala
- 1:30 – 2:00: Chat with Mike Beltzner, Phenomenologist & Usability Design Expert. This is your chance to get your questions about the Mozilla way of designing software answered straight from the source. You’ll learn, among other things, how user feedback and support continuously loops back into product.
- 2:00 – 3:00: Support Session #3
- 3:00 – 3:45: Workshop: Learn how to troubleshoot Firefox 3 like a pro. You’ll find out more about how Firefox works, and at the same time you’ll become an expert of user-to-user troubleshooting. Host: Matthew Middleton
- 4:00 – 4:30: Chat with John Lilly, CEO of Mozilla Corporation. John will be available to answer your questions about Mozilla, including how it was started, the difference between the Corporation and the Foundation, and any other things you can think of.
- 4:30 – 5:00: Chat with Asa Dotzler, Spokesmodel and Storyteller. Asa has been a part of Mozilla since the very early days and is the perfect person to ask your questions — any questions — about the Mozilla project.
Got enough reasons to skip work on Friday yet? :)
Of course, the big highlight of the day will be the best new Firefox 3 feature of all: Firefox’s new user-based support system. All throughout the day, we’ll be showcasing the various aspects to the support system: from the collaboratively written knowledge base to the forums and chat-based support and inviting you to take part. In addition to support-related contests with some pretty sweet Mozilla gear for prizes, we’ll be around all day to answer questions and help you get started helping your fellow users and Firefox enthusiasts.
Stay tuned for more info throughout the week!