Those Fridays keep being the 13th day of the month… What’s going on with the calendar? Never mind, here come this week’s updates from the world of SUMO!
A group of open source heroes appears on the horizon…
The latest SUMO Community meeting, feat. KaiRo
You can find the agenda and notes here: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/sumo-crashes-discussion, and the video below:
Reminder: the next SUMO Community meeting…
- …is going to take place on Monday, 16th of March. Join us if you can!
- As a rule, if you want to add a discussion topic to upcoming the live meeting agenda:
- Start a thread in the Community Forums, so that everyone in the community can see what will be discussed and voice their opinion here before Monday (this will make it easier to have an efficient meeting).
- Please do so as soon as you can before the meeting, so that people have time to read, think, and reply (and also add it to the agenda).
Thanks to everyone who helped out during the SUMO Day yesterday!
- Please take a look at the “Get community support” article in your language and update it as necessary (add any language-specific links you think may be relevant). Thank you!
- We need more localizers who speak African languages (including Arabic) – if your friends do, send them over!
- The latest Platform meeting notes can be found here.
- We’ve had a quick demo by Mike of the new community dashboard and it looked quite sleek – the video should be linked from the meeting notes, so take a look if you’re interested.
Support Forum news
Knowledge Base news
- Articles for Firefox 37 for Android are coming soon! We have two easy edits to grab (for anyone interested in creating the KB) – more details in the latest meetings notes (under the “Firefox Android” section)
- The German l10ns have reached 100% coverage for SUMO! Huge thanks to pollti, Artist & everyone else participating in that effort! Not to forget other languages at 100%: Spanish, Russian, French, Dutch, Brazilian Portuguese – all users who read your amazing work salute you! (Of course, no rose is without its thorns – we are having some dashboard counter issues, but we are investigating what is going on and no counter should stop you from celebrating the awesome contributions you’ve been making to the KB)
- You can take a sneak peek at the community-powered l10n document we’ll start working on soon…
- Reminder: L10n Vidyo are happening every Tuesday and Thursday in the the SUMO Vidyo room (you need to install the free Vidyo client to connect) – use the “Show another time zone” on the linked time pages to figure out your local time. Looking forward to seeing you there and chatting about SUMO l10n! (Thanks to everyone who attended so far :-))
Firefox (+ OS, + for Android) news
- With Firefox Desktop taking some time off from hitting the news (… just wait, we’ll have something special to announce… soon!), the floor belongs to Firefox OS
- featuring around and