Hello, SUMO Nation! Summer is definitely gone (at least in the calendars), but we are going strong into autumn, aren’t we? It’s a release week, after all… Here are the latest and greatest news from the world of SUMO.
Welcome, New Contributors!
Last SUMO Community meeting
Reminder: the next SUMO Community meeting…
- …is going to take place on Monday, 28th of September. Join us!
- If you want to add a discussion topic to upcoming the live meeting agenda:
- Start a thread in the Community Forums, so that everyone in the community can see what will be discussed and voice their opinion here before Monday (this will make it easier to have an efficient meeting).
- Please do so as soon as you can before the meeting, so that people have time to read, think, and reply (and also add it to the agenda).
- The next Platform meeting will take place on the 1st of October.
- The SUMO Event Kit page has been updated – take a look and let us know what you think on the forums!
- Speaking of events… Here is the page for the Hindi Community Metup!
- If you think you can benefit from getting a second-hand device to help you with contributing to SUMO, you know where to find us.
- Are you into movies? So are we! Actually… Have you spotted Firefox somewhere in a movie? Let us know in that thread!
- Reminder: upcoming KB content is tracked here.
- On that note… Firefox 42 documentation has started!
- Huge thanks to everyone rocking the KB last week!
- How about some new badges? Spoilers below… More details soon!
- Reminder: Let’s build a database of English departments at universities around the world – this will help us find new SUMO l10ns in the future.
- (for Android) Version 41 includes a new search provider pop-up at the bottom of the screen, as well as
- (for Desktop) Version 41 has landed! Head over to our forums to read more and discuss.
- One of the cool improvements: you can now use text chats in Hello
- Other than that, you can set a picture for your Firefox Account!
- There are also some fixes for users of Windows 10 and Pocket is going out to more countries
- Last but not least, the browser.newtab.url preference has been removed for safety reasons