Hello, SUMO Nation!
Good to see you again. How are you keeping? Planning something nice for the upcoming weekend? We hope so! Here are the most recent updates from the world of SUMO.
Welcome, new contributors!
Most recent SUMO Community meeting
- Reminder: WE HAVE MOVED TO WEDNESDAYS!
- You can read the notes here and see the video on our YouTube channel and at AirMozilla.
The next SUMO Community meeting…
- …is happening on WEDNESDAY the 16th of March – join us!
- Reminder: if you want to add a discussion topic to the upcoming meeting agenda:
- Start a thread in the Community Forums, so that everyone in the community can see what will be discussed and voice their opinion here before Wednesday (this will make it easier to have an efficient meeting).
- Please do so as soon as you can before the meeting, so that people have time to read, think, and reply (and also add it to the agenda).
- If you can, please attend the meeting in person (or via IRC), so we can follow up on your discussion topic during the meeting with your feedback.
- Important announcement: Kitsune development is currently entering maintenance mode due to changes in the developer group – we’ll keep you posted as the situation develops. If you have questions or concerns about this, please contact us via the forum.
- The latest SUMO Platform meeting notes can be found here.
- Do you want to help us build Kitsune (the engine behind SUMO)? Read more about it here and fork it on GitHub!
- Time for another blog post by someone who’s not me (how refreshing :-)) – tune in tomorrow to hear from Ghaith and the Tunisian community! I hear there will be cookies (at least in the photos)
- Want to help us figure out how to deal with IRC, Telegram, and all that jazz? Jump into this thread!
Ongoing reminder: if you think you can benefit from getting a second-hand device to help you with contributing to SUMO, you know where to find us.
- It bears repeating – you totally rocked the Firefox 45 Launch Day in the social space, SUMOnians :-) Thank you on behalf of the whole user community. Special shout-outs to Synergy, Daniela, Benny, Swarnava and Sashoto!
- Reminder: The Social Wiki is here – participate as you see fit!
- Reminder: We have a training out there for all those interested in Social Support – talk to Madalina or Costenslayer on #AoA (IRC) for more information.
- Social’s not the only space full of buzzing and rumbling. You also rocked the shack today during the SUMO Forum Day. Huge thanks to all the participants who made life so much easier for many users out there.
- You can check the
- Firefox for iOS version 3.0 documentation is in the works.
- Version 45 articles are ready for localization… Get to it, l10ns!
- Last week’s l10n blog post slid through the cracks due to an emergency meeting, but this week you will find it here, for sure.
- Dashboard milestone notifications are coming your way, too.
- Reminder: the Bengali localizers are working on a style guide – want to help? Click here!
- Reminder: Click here to see the date of the latest UI string update (from your Pontoon contributions)
- Reminder: we are deprioritizing Firefox OS content localization for now (more context here). If you have questions about it, let me know.
- for Android
- for Desktop
- Version 45 should be on your computer since at least Tuesday. Still don’t have it? Take a look here and update now!
- For the main thread on our forums about Firefox 45, click here.
- for iOS
That’s it for now – but, as advertised, there should be at least two more blog posts this week. Let’s hope the blog can take it and won’t simply explode because of all this amassed awesomeness ;-) Keep rocking the helpful web, SUMO Nation! Over & out…