Hello, SUMO Nation!
Did you have a good post-post release week? We sure did :-) Can you still remember Firefox 1.0? We’re getting to 50.0, soon! I wonder if there will be cake… Mmm, cake.
…anyway, here are the latest and greatest updates from the world of SUMO!
Welcome, new contributors!
Most recent SUMO Community meeting
The next SUMO Community meeting…
- …is happening on WEDNESDAY the 11th of May – join us!
- Reminder: if you want to add a discussion topic to the upcoming meeting agenda:
- Start a thread in the Community Forums, so that everyone in the community can see what will be discussed and voice their opinion here before Wednesday (this will make it easier to have an efficient meeting).
- Please do so as soon as you can before the meeting, so that people have time to read, think, and reply (and also add it to the agenda).
- If you can, please attend the meeting in person (or via IRC), so we can follow up on your discussion topic during the meeting with your feedback.
- MarComms / Marketing & Communications – heads up!
- SUMO, Social, and PR are joining forces!
- The admins and global communities behind the three teams mentioned above.
- We want to improve the information flow, increase our overall efficiency and transparency in communications, and represent Mozilla to the “average user” as best as we can – with your help and active engagement!
- We are discussing the basics and will inform you as soon as we start rolling out new projects and ideas around this.
- We are slowly plotting for the London Work Week. Stay tuned for details about those plans.
- We are still in discussions about potential platform substitutions for Kitsune, as per this thread.
- Want to know what’s going on with the Admins? Check this thread in the forum.
Ongoing reminder #1: if you think you can benefit from getting a second-hand device to help you with contributing to SUMO, you know where to find us.
- Ongoing reminder #2: we are looking for more contributors to our blog. Do you write on the web about open source, communities, SUMO, Mozilla… and more? Do let us know!
- No major updates – keep sprinkling the social web!
- Ongoing reminder: We have a training out there for all those interested in Social Support – talk to Madalina or Costenslayer on #AoA (IRC) for more information.
- for Android
- for Desktop
- Version 46.0.1 will include four bug patches: fixing blank pages, add-ons, and other unexpected post-launch oddities
- We are aware of issues with 3rd party password managers.
- For the main thread on our forums about Firefox 45, click here.
- For the main thread on our forums about Firefox 46, click here.
- for iOS
- Firefox for iOS 4.0 should be going into review by Apple today and launching on May 10th (depends on a lot of factors)
- Firefox for iOS 5.0 scheduled for approximately 6 weeks after 4.0 hits the interwebs!
…and that’s it for now. Keep rocking the helpful web, while spring rolls over our heads and hearts – and don’t forget to share your favourite music with us!