Hello, SUMO Nation!
Yes, we know, Friday the 13th is upon us… Fear not, in good company even the most unlucky days can turn into something special ;-) Pet a black cat, find a four leaf clover, smile and enjoy what the weekend brings!
As for SUMO, we have a few updates coming your way. Here they are!
Welcome, new contributors!
Most recent SUMO Community meeting
The next SUMO Community meeting…
- …is happening on WEDNESDAY the 18th of May – join us!
- Reminder: if you want to add a discussion topic to the upcoming meeting agenda:
- Start a thread in the Community Forums, so that everyone in the community can see what will be discussed and voice their opinion here before Wednesday (this will make it easier to have an efficient meeting).
- Please do so as soon as you can before the meeting, so that people have time to read, think, and reply (and also add it to the agenda).
- If you can, please attend the meeting in person (or via IRC), so we can follow up on your discussion topic during the meeting with your feedback.
- Remember our great Ivory Coast Mozillians? They’re organizing a SUMO sprint this Saturday in Abidjan! Thanks to Abbackar for his continuous community efforts!
- We are slowly reaching the end of the discussions and presentations about possible platform substitutions for Kitsune, as per this thread. Stay tuned for announcements next week! HUGE thanks to everyone who provided feedback and helped us review various options.
- Reminder: want to know what’s going on with the Admins? Check this thread in the forum.
Ongoing reminder #1: if you think you can benefit from getting a second-hand device to help you with contributing to SUMO, you know where to find us.
- Ongoing reminder #2: we are looking for more contributors to our blog. Do you write on the web about open source, communities, SUMO, Mozilla… and more? Do let us know!
- No major updates – keep tweeting helpfully, you’re doing an awesome job!
- Ongoing reminder: We have a training out there for all those interested in Social Support – talk to Madalina or Costenslayer on #AoA (IRC) for more information.
- for Android
- Version 46 support discussion thread.
- Reminder: version 47 will stop supporting Gingerbread. High time to update your Android installations!
- for Desktop
- Fly away with the Firefox Test Pilot!
- We are aware of compatibility issues between Firefox, Kaspersky Internet Security, and Facebook. More details here.
- For the main thread on our forums about Firefox 46, click here.
- for iOS
- Firefox is now present on the Today screen.
- You can access your bookmarks in the search bar.
- You can override the certificate warning on sites that present them (but be careful!).
- You can print webpages.
- Users with older versions of iOS 8 or lower will not be able to add the Firefox widget. See Common Response Available.
- Start your countdown clocks ;-) Firefox for iOS 5.0 should be with us in approximately 6 weeks!
Thanks for your attention and see you around SUMO, soon!