Hello, SUMO Nation!
Hard to believe, but the year has entered its ninth month already. So, do you still have trouble writing “2016” instead of “2015”? ;-) Quite a few updates coming your way, so let’s get started before it gets too cold!
Welcome, new contributors!
If you just joined us, don’t hesitate – come over and say “hi” in the forums!
SUMO Community meetings
- LATEST ONE: 31st of August – you can read the notes here and see the video at AirMozilla.
- NEXT ONE: happening on the 7th of September!
- If you want to add a discussion topic to the upcoming meeting agenda:
- Start a thread in the Community Forums, so that everyone in the community can see what will be discussed and voice their opinion here before Wednesday (this will make it easier to have an efficient meeting).
- Please do so as soon as you can before the meeting, so that people have time to read, think, and reply (and also add it to the agenda).
- If you can, please attend the meeting in person (or via IRC), so we can follow up on your discussion topic during the meeting with your feedback.
- Huge thanks to everyone who contributed (or is mentioned) in the Firefox 48 Release Report!
- Is anyone going to the Participation Meeting in Berlin on 10th & 11th of September? Make yourselves known, and we’ll try to organize a mini SUMO meetup there :-)
- We need to be inspired by you! Share your favourite superhero with Rachel. We are looking for different heroes from all parts of the world.
- MozFest is coming our way! London, October 28-30. Are you excited yet?
- Ongoing reminder #1: if you think you can benefit from getting a second-hand device to help you with contributing to SUMO, you know where to find us.
- Ongoing reminder #2: we are looking for more contributors to our blog. Do you write on the web about open source, communities, SUMO, Mozilla… and more? Do let us know!
- Ongoing reminder #3: want to know what’s going on with the Admins? Check this thread in the forum.
- PLATFORM REMINDER! The Platform Meetings are BACK! If you missed the previous ones, you can find the notes in this document. (here’s the channel you can subscribe to).
- We are working on making sure we recognize your “legacy” contributions after the migration – please take a look here.
- Updates from the most recent Platform meeting:
- We hope to introduce some folks from the Lithium side to you, soon…
- We have the migration split into three tracks: Community (“the people”), Design (“the look and feel”), Technical (“the invisible engine”) – and we’ll be sharing more details about each track’s progress as they happen!
- You can (and should) follow the whole process using this public Trello board.
- QUESTIONS? CONCERNS? Please take a look at this migration document and use this migration thread to put questions/comments about it for everyone to share and discuss. As much as possible, please try to keep the migration discussion and questions limited to those two places – we don’t want to chase ten different threads in too many different places.
- Welcome Exal and Rahul to the beginning of your social support journey – do not hesitate to reach out to get started with your new accounts!
- Please email Rachel and/or Madalina to get started supporting Mozilla’s product users on Facebook and Twitter. We need your help! Use the step-by-step guide here. Take a look at some useful videos:
Knowledge Base & L10n
- We are 2 weeks before next release / 4 weeks after current release. What does that mean? (Reminder: we are following the process/schedule outlined here)
- Only Joni or other admins can introduce and/or approve potential last minute changes of next release content; only Joni or other admins can set new content to RFL; localizers should focus on this content.
- All other existing content is deprioritized, but can be edited and localized as usual.
- The content to be localized with high priority can be found on this list.
- Huge thanks to Inma, one of our Spanish localization heroes! She’s taking some time off from SUMO, but we hope to see her around Mozilla!
- Final reminder: we’re working on refreshing the community guidelines for the migration, and Localization is no different… Take a look here and let Michał know if you have any comments.
- Final reminder: Joni has put forward a proposal to update categories for Firefox – read it and tell her what you think!
- Do not forget about the High Priority List for KB articles to be localized!
- for Android
- No new news for now…
- for Desktop
- All is quiet on the Desktop front…
…and that’s it for today! We hope you enjoyed this portion of the latest updates from the world of SUMO. See you around – keep rocking the helpful web! And stay safe!
P.S. Hey, are you following us on Twitter? There’s almost a thousand of you there! :-)