Greetings, SUMO Nation!
How have you been? Many changes around and we haven’t been slacking either – we are getting closer to the soft launch of the new community platform (happening next week), so be there when it happens :-) More details below…
Welcome, new contributors!
If you just joined us, don’t hesitate – come over and say “hi” in the forums!
- LATEST ONE: 16th of November – you can read the notes here and see the video at AirMozilla.
- NEXT ONE: happening on the 23rd of November!
- If you want to add a discussion topic to the upcoming meeting agenda:
- Start a thread in the Community Forums, so that everyone in the community can see what will be discussed and voice their opinion here before Wednesday (this will make it easier to have an efficient meeting).
- Please do so as soon as you can before the meeting, so that people have time to read, think, and reply (and also add it to the agenda).
- If you can, please attend the meeting in person (or via IRC), so we can follow up on your discussion topic during the meeting with your feedback.
- If you want to help us brainstorm how to promote “Internet Awareness” among our visitors, please join us here.
- A guest blog post from a member of the SUMO Nation is coming your way… Patience, my friends!
- By the way… Do you know Rust?
- Reminder: We are going to retire the main SUMO mailing list, since it has been not used extensively for quite a while. So, you should remove sumo(AT)lists.mozilla.org from your contact lists.
- Check the notes from the last meeting in this document. (and don’t forget about our meeting recordings).
- The main point of today’s meeting was checking in and going through the list of outstanding issues. Please check the document linked above to make sure you’re up to date with the latest events.
- We are still aiming for a migration next week!
- You can preview the current migration test site here.
- All your staging login data should work, but if you can’t access the site, contact Madalina. Take a good look at the new (refreshed) home page and anything else that looks new to you.
- Reminder: The post-migration feature list can be found here (courtesy of Roland – ta!)
- We are still looking for user stories to focus on immediately after the migration (also known as “Phase 1”)
- Over 360 revisions have been submitted over the last 7 days – thank you, editors of SUMO!
- If you’re curious about the upcoming KB & l10n process changes for the new platform, you have a taste of it here.
- Thank you for making the version 50 articles “speak your language” :-) Users all around the world appreciate your efforts!
Firefox (release week for 50.0!)
Finally, something for your long autumn evenings… The playlist of (almost all) your great recommendations from the music sharing thread! Enjoy and keep rocking the helpful web!