Greetings, SUMO Nation!
Great to be read by you once more :-) Have you had a good November so far? One week left! And then… one month left until 2017 – time flies!
Welcome, new contributors!
If you just joined us, don’t hesitate – come over and say “hi” in the forums!
- LATEST ONE: 23rd of November – you can read the notes here and see the video at AirMozilla.
- NEXT ONE: happening on the 30th of November!
- If you want to add a discussion topic to the upcoming meeting agenda:
- Start a thread in the Community Forums, so that everyone in the community can see what will be discussed and voice their opinion here before Wednesday (this will make it easier to have an efficient meeting).
- Please do so as soon as you can before the meeting, so that people have time to read, think, and reply (and also add it to the agenda).
- If you can, please attend the meeting in person (or via IRC), so we can follow up on your discussion topic during the meeting with your feedback.
- There are two events coming up for the SUMO Mozillians in Ivory Coast. Thanks to Abbackar for kicking off the preparations! We still remember the previous event :-)
- Are you in or around New York? The Glass Room is visiting the Big Apple.
- Reminder: If you want to help us brainstorm how to promote “Internet Awareness” among our visitors, please join us here.
- Have you read Seburo’s post about a small fox and a big river? ;-)
- …one more thing – if you were to introduce a SUMO holiday, which day would it be? Let us know in the comments or on our forums.
- Check the notes from the last meeting in this document. (and don’t forget about our meeting recordings).
- The main point of today’s meeting was reviewing the actions before and after the migration (planned for next week, unless something delays us), and explaining a bit more about the way l10n will work after the migration. Do check the document for a 16-step migration plan.
- You can preview the current migration test site here.
- All your staging login data should work, but if you can’t access the site, contact Madalina. Take a good look at the new (refreshed) home page and anything else that looks new to you.
- Reminder: The post-migration feature list can be found here (courtesy of Roland – ta!)
- We are still looking for user stories to focus on immediately after the migration (also known as “Phase 1”)
- Huge thanks to everyone who joined us for the Social Support Sprint on Friday!
- Remember, you can contact Sierra (sreed@), Elisabeth (ehull@), or Rachel (guigs@) to get started with Social support.
- A reminder that Firefox 50 is out, so you may notice a spike in user questions, as usual around a release. Keep rocking and being helpful! You can find the release notification here.
- The SUMO Release Report for Firefox 50 is coming up soon, thanks to Rachel – start thinking about the highlights you’d like to add to it.
- for Android
- for Desktop
- The forum thread for version 50 is here (thanks to Philipp).
- As for Android, the Desktop version will get updated mid-December. Stay tuned for more details.
- Firefox Focus hit the ground running on November 17th all around the world, apart from Germany, Austria, and Switzerland, where it’s coming… soon!
That’s it for today, dear SUMO People :-) We hope to see you soon around the site and online in general… Keep rocking the helpful web and don’t forget there’s a lot of greatness out there. Go open & go wild!