Hey SUMO folks,
Summer is here. Despite the current situation of the world, I hope you can still enjoy a bit of sunshine and the breezing air wherever you are. And while vacations are planned, SUMO is still busy with lots of projects and releases. So let’s get the recap started!
Welcome on board!
- One of our goal for Q3 this year is to revamp the onboarding experience for contributor that is focused on the /get-involved page. To support this work, we’re currently conducting a survey to understand how effective is the current onboarding information we provide. Please fill out the survey if you haven’t and share it to your community and fellow contributors!
- No Kitsune update for this month. Check out SUMO Engineering Board instead to see what the team is currently doing.
- Watch the monthly community call if you haven’t. Learn more about what’s new in July!
- Reminder: Don’t hesitate to join the call in person if you can. We try our best to provide a safe space for everyone to contribute. You’re more than welcome to lurk in the call if you don’t feel comfortable turning on your video or speaking up. If you feel shy to ask questions during the meeting, feel free to add your questions on the contributor forum in advance, or put them in our Matrix channel, so we can address them during the meeting.
KB pageviews (*)
|Month||Page views||Vs previous month|
* KB pageviews number is a total of KB pageviews for /en-US/ only
Top 5 KB contributors in the last 90 days:
Top 10 locale based on total page views
|Locale||Apr 2021 pageviews (*)||Localization progress (per Jul, 9)(**)|
* Locale pageviews is an overall pageviews from the given locale (KB and other pages) ** Localization progress is the percentage of localized article from all KB articles per locale
Top 5 localization contributors in the last 90 days:
|Month||Total questions||Answer rate within 72 hrs||Solved rate within 72 hrs||Forum helpfulness|
Top 5 forum contributors in the last 90 days:
|Total conv||Conv interacted|
Top 5 contributors in Q1 2021
- Christophe Villeneuve
- Andrew Truong
Play Store Support
We don’t have enough data for the Play Store Support yet. However, you can check out the overall Respond Tool metrics here.
- FX Desktop V91 (August 10)
- FX for Android V91 (August 10)
- Default Browser Notifications
- Fixes: Password fields no longer automatically start with a capital letter with the Samsung keyboard.
- FX for iOS V36 (August 10)
- Fixes: Tab preview not showing in tab tray
Other products / Experiments
- Mozilla VPN V2.5 (September 8)
- Multi-hop: Using multiple VPN servers. VPN server chaining method gives extra security and privacy.
- Support for Local DNS: If there is a need, you can set a custom DNS server when the Mozilla VPN is on.
- Getting help if you cannot sign in: ‘get support’ improvements.
- FX Desktop 92, FX Android 92, FX iOS V37 (September 7)
- Updates to FX Focus (October)
- Thanks to Felipe Koji for his great work on Social Support.
- Thanks to Seburo for constantly championing support for Firefox mobile.
If you know anyone that we should feature here, please contact Kiki and we’ll make sure to add them in our next edition.